Every years we help hundreds of students and members of our local and global community. Here are some of the department that will help you while at Wolfson.
The Academic Office is responsible for all aspects of student administration handled by the college. Learn more.
The Accounts Office manage fees, funding, grants, battels, pay and refunds for the College community. Learn more.
The Accommodation Office allocates and administrates the College accommodation. Learn more.
The Catering Office is responsible for the food and drink in College. Learn more.
The IT Team is dedicated to keeping you connected, and committed to making your time at Wolfson productive. Learn more.
Housekeeping & Maintenance
The Housekeeping and Maintenance team are here to maintain the college facilities and help our members with any housekeeping and maintenance enquiry. Learn more.
The Lodge's receptionists are the first point of contact with Wolfson and the College remains open seven days a week. Learn more.
The Nursery provides a safe and stimulating educational environment in which children can develop their knowledge and skills. Learn more.
A minibus service runs for College members between the College and the city centre every 20 minutes in the early morning, early afternoon, late afternoon and early evenings on Mondays to Fridays. Learn more.
Latest Service Updates
- Food and Drink
Takeaway service for residents
- Lunch is available Mon-Fri 12:00 – 14:00 and brunch on Saturday 09:30 – 11:30.
- Please maintain two metre social distance at all times: be careful to respect the two-metre gap signs and keep appropirate social distance from staff.
The Upper and Lower Common Rooms have been closed until further notice. The Café remains closed to all.
Order and Collect
Residents can now purchase grocery items from our wholesaler through the College's catering office.
- Complete the order form below and email it to email@example.com by 11am Monday to Friday.
- Your orders should be ready for next day collection in Hall (during the lunch service). Orders placed on Friday will be available on Monday.
- Orders are charged to your top-up account – make sure you have topped up before placing the order.
- If your top-up funds are insufficient, your order will be cancelled, and you will need to resubmit your order the following day.
- Home delivery is available for those that are self-isolating with symptoms in College.
Food for residents in isolation
For those who are self-isolating with symptoms and cannot leave their rooms, hot meals can be ordered. We deliver at lunch time. Click here to book this service through the Gateway.
- Order by 11am on the day you require the food (by 9am on Saturdays).
- We will deliver it to your room (staff will knock and leave your food outside).
- Given our limited staff numbers, please ony use this service if you are self-isolating.
- We aim to meet dietary requirements as much as possible, however options are limited.
One main hot dish
Two hot side dishes
One piece of fruit
£3.50 for students. £7.00 for all others.
- The Library
- The Library is now closed.
- The carrels will stay open for those who have been allocated one – except between 14–16 April 2020, because of building works. The carrels will re-open on the 17 April.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to keep the carrel clean.
- A wide range of digital services are available through the Bodleian Library's SOLO database.
- Click here for the Bodlean Libraries' webpage on Keeping the University Reading.
- For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nursery Opening
- The safety of our nursery children, staff and parents is a top priority. We have therefore fully assessed the risks of opening the College nursery in the new COVID-19 era, and are determined to do all that we can to make the environment as safe as possible. Learn more.
- The Minibus, Gym and Upper Common Room
- The minibus stopped operating from 24 March 2020.
- The Gym and Upper Common Room was closed on the 26 March.
- College IT
Housekeeping emails and requests are not currently being monitored so please contact the Lodge at email@example.com if your request is urgent.
For those who are self-isolating with symptoms, we are able to provide a waste collection service by following the procedures below:
- Please notify the Home Bursar: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waste should be double bagged.
- Bags should be labelled "Rubbish-Symptoms" and placed outside your room from 9.00am the following day after you have sent a housekeeping request. Monday to Friday only.
- As we are extremely short staff we can only provide this service for people who are genuinely showing symptoms so please only request this service if absolutely necessary.
As many of you have requested to clean your own rooms, and we are short of staff, we have taken the decision to ask you to clean your own rooms so we can focus on cleaning the communal areas. Cleaning materials, including hoovers (which we can confirm are safe to use) will be left out for use. Please can we ask that you wipe down all equipment before and after use.
- Safe use of sports facilities
The government has now permitted limited and controlled use of some sports facilities. Read more about safe use of sports facilities.
7 August 2020Aamer Sarfraz appointed to the House of Lords
Wolfson congratulates Aamer Sarfraz on his appointment by The Queen as a member of the House of Lords.5 August 2020Professor George Smith Honoured by Royal Society
Congratulations to Professor George Smith, FRS, who has been awarded the Armourers & Brasiers' Company Prize 20208 July 2020Refurbishment of the balcony
This project has been given the go-ahead as part of the Estates Strategy to improve our College buildings and environment.
Parties and Dinners12 - 12Sep SepDegree DaySaturday 12 September - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.Lectures and Seminars05 - 05Nov NovMargaret Oliphant and OxfordThursday 5 November - 1:30pm
Merryn Williams is a poet and critic. Her latest works are The Fragile Bridge: New and Selected Poems (Shoestring Press) and Mansfield Park Revisited (Plas Gwyn Books). At present she is collecting poems about the pandemic and the lockdown. Merryn is a long-standing member of Wolfson's Common Room.