Jon Barrett and Wolfgang de Melo of Wolfson College have been awarded a Recognition of Distinction award.
Digital Research Cluster - events archive
- Launch event
- E-publishing Workshop
- Geographies of Data and Information - Dr Stefano de Sabbata
- What is e-Research? Introducing a new strategic collaboration between Wolfson College and the Oxford e-Research Centre
- Energy and Digital Technologies: How does e-research help us to use energy technology better?
- SPQR a digital legacy: what Sebastian Patrick Quintus Rahtz did for us
- Supercomputers: What are they and what can they do for research?
- Digital scholarship: Intersection, Scale, and Social Machines
19 September 2018Wolfson Fellows win full professorships9 August 2018The Jessup Room inaccessible to readers from 13th August - 17th August.
The Jessup Room in the Library (main reading room on the first floor) will be inaccessible to readers from Monday 13th August until Friday...6 August 2018New Online Booking System
Wolfson College is offering a new online booking system exclusively for our members, as requested at the General Meeting. The new...
Lectures and Seminars25 - 25Sep SepThe Magnificent Seven (plus): A study of early Islamic rock crystal wine jugsTuesday 25 September - 6:00pm to 7:00pmConcert and Plays29 - 29Sep SepCarmenSaturday 29 September - 7:30pm to 10:00pm
Barefoot Opera, well known for its strong production values, ensemble work, and fresh interpretation, brings its unique style to the opera everyone knows and loves: 'Carmen' by Bizet. Our brilliant young soloists include young talents from the Guildhall School of Music and the Welsh Opera Academy. At the start of their careers, they will be accompanied by Barefoot Opera’s signature ensemble of free-base accordion double-bass, clarinet, and keyboard.Art exhibition30 - 30Sep SepSteve Empson: Exhibition Private ViewSunday 30 September - 12:00pm
PRIVATE VIEW - Sunday 30 September from 12 noon to 3 pm.
Steve Empson observes two coastal communities, in Kent and Co Durham, he considers to be similar in many aspects. Both places are out on a limb, and he sees them as being quirky and attractively at the edge of society. In paintings and drawings of mixed media, he attempts to get across his feeling for these places.