The College was deeply saddened to hear of the death of our Emeritus Fellow Professor Glen Dudbridge.
Digital Research Cluster - events
Upcoming events hosted by the Digital Research Cluster
SUPERCOMPUTERS: WHAT ARE THEY AND WHAT CAN THEY DO FOR RESEARCH?
A joint seminar with the Oxford e-Research Centre
Tuesday 28 February 2017
Haldane Room, Wolfson College
Modern advances in the computing power of desktops and clusters may leave academics wondering whether supercomputers still serve a purpose for research. This seminar will bring together local experts in high-performance computing (HPC) from the Oxford e-Research Centre (http://www.oerc.ox.ac.uk/), Oxford University's Advanced Research Computing service (http://www.arc.ox.ac.uk/), and the Diamond Light Source facility at Harwell (http://www.diamond.ac.uk/) for an overview of what these machines are and what they can do for research across the whole range of academic disciplines.
The seminar will consist of a series of short presentations and discussion, followed by drinks and ending at 7 pm.
- Ian Bush (Oxford e-Research Centre), High Performance Computing - A Layman's Introduction
- Steven Young (Acting Head, Oxford University Advanced Research Computing), HPC services for Oxford researchers
- Wes Armour (Oxford e-Research Centre), HPC and Scientific Computing at the Oxford e-Research Centre
- Andrew Richards (Head of Scientific Computing, Diamond Light Source, Harwell), HPC and Synchrotron Science: Making Diamond Work – from operation to research
- David Robey (Wolfson and Oxford e-Research Centre) (convenor)
For further information contact David Robey (email@example.com).
On 18 January 2017 the second award was made of the Jon Stallworthy Poetry Prize for Oxford postgraduate students, at an event held at Wolfson...
The Fellows of Wolfson College are delighted to announce the election of Mr Tim Hitchens, CMG LVO as their next President, in succession to...