This project has been given the go-ahead as part of the Estates Strategy to improve our College buildings and environment.
Copyright Infingement (Downloads) Warning
Copyright Infringement Warning (Downloading)
The College is concerned to ensure that Members of College and Common Room do not download films and other copyright material.
Such actions are likely to be detected by copyright owners, and proceedings can be taken against the University, College and person concerned. Such actions may involve Civil Proceedings with punitive compensation and legal costs.
In the event of such downloads being detected, the following actions are likely to occur:
- The University will be served with a 'Cease and Desist' notice by the copyright owner.
- This will be referred to the University's Legal Department.
- Your connection will be blocked.
- You will receive an email/letter from the College's Computing Officer, advising you of the situation and requiring you to comply with the rules and certain procedures.
- You will be required to remove all copyright-infringing material and related unlicensed software.
- Your computer will be inspected by the College's Computing Officer (or other authorised member of staff).
- The University will make a charge to the College (currently £50 plus VAT on first instance) which will be charged to you through the College battels system, together with a £10 College Administration charge plus VAT.
- You will be reported to the Vicegerent for disciplinary action.
- The Vicegerent may impose a fine or other penalty, additionally to the above charges.
- Your computer may be unblocked when it is cleared of copyright-infringing material and you have agreed not to repeat such action.
- In the case of repeated offending, your connection may be barred altogether.
- You will still be at risk of Civil Action by the copyright owner
8 July 2020Refurbishment of the balcony30 June 2020Wolfson: Plans and Prospects 2020 out now
The 2020 edition of the annual College magazine brings readers up to date with all the latest news and activities from Wolfson.30 June 2020Great success for Student Hardship Auction
The auction was a great success, raising over £12,500 for students in need as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
Courses and Workshops13 - 26Jul JulEarly Hindi & Brajbhasha WorkshopMonday 13 July - 3:00pm to Sunday 26 July - 4:00pm
This international workshop brings together scholars and students of literature in Brajbhasha and other forms of of Early Hindi (including Avadhi, Hindavi, Rajasthani, and Maithili), as well as related languages and literary idioms. During the workshop we read and discuss texts on which a particular academic is working.Parties and Dinners01 - 01Aug AugDegree DaySaturday 1 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.Parties and Dinners07 - 07Aug AugDegree DayFriday 7 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.