We would like to extend our thanks to our 57 donors and 27 ambassadors who helped make the Isaiah Berlin Legacy Giving Weekend a success. So far,...
Copyright Infingement (Downloads) Warning
Copyright Infringement Warning (Downloading)
The College is concerned to ensure that Members of College and Common Room do not download films and other copyright material.
Such actions are likely to be detected by copyright owners, and proceedings can be taken against the University, College and person concerned. Such actions may involve Civil Proceedings with punitive compensation and legal costs.
In the event of such downloads being detected, the following actions are likely to occur:
- The University will be served with a 'Cease and Desist' notice by the copyright owner.
- This will be referred to the University's Legal Department.
- Your connection will be blocked.
- You will receive an email/letter from the College's Computing Officer, advising you of the situation and requiring you to comply with the rules and certain procedures.
- You will be required to remove all copyright-infringing material and related unlicensed software.
- Your computer will be inspected by the College's Computing Officer (or other authorised member of staff).
- The University will make a charge to the College (currently £50 plus VAT on first instance) which will be charged to you through the College battels system, together with a £10 College Administration charge plus VAT.
- You will be reported to the Vicegerent for disciplinary action.
- The Vicegerent may impose a fine or other penalty, additionally to the above charges.
- Your computer may be unblocked when it is cleared of copyright-infringing material and you have agreed not to repeat such action.
- In the case of repeated offending, your connection may be barred altogether.
- You will still be at risk of Civil Action by the copyright owner
26 February 2018The Isaiah Berlin Legacy Weekend Update12 February 2018Anna Caballe Cooks up a Storm in the Lab
For almost two years Dr. Anna Caballe has used molecular biology...5 February 2018Martin Goodman Publishes A New History of Judaism
Martin Goodman, Professor of Jewish Studies and a Fellow of Wolfson since 1991, crafts a worthy addition to the wide-ranging genre of Jewish...
Networking24 - 24Apr AprTri-Innovate Pitch EventTuesday 24 April -5:30pm to 8:30pm
Tri-Innovate 2018 finalists will pitch their ideas at The Foundry for £8,000 first prize and title of Innovation of the Year. Come support Wolfson finalists as they compete against finalists from Hertford, Jesus, New, and Pembroke Colleges.Courses and Workshops28 - 28Apr AprIndo-Iranian Philology Study DaySaturday 28 April -9:00am to 5:00pm
A study day in Indo-Iranian philology, with opportunities to take lessons in subjects such as Avestan, Vedic Sanskrit, reading Old Persian cuneiform, and Indo-Iranian and Indo-European comparative philology. There will be taster sessions for beginners and brush-up sessions for those who once studied the subject. For further information or to book a place, please email Philomen Probert (firstname.lastname@example.org).Concert and Plays01 - 01May MayInauguration of Tim HitchensTuesday 1 May -8:00am to 11:00am
All members and friends of Wolfson College are invited to a May morning welcome event for Tim Hitchens, CMG LVO as the new President of Wolfson.
8.00–8.40 am Musical entertainment by members of the College
All are welcome to drop in
8.40–9.00 am Break
Morning pastries will be available
9.00–9.30 am Formal inauguration of the new President
Please take your places by 9 am