We are delighted to welcome Helen Thornton to Wolfson as our new College Nurse. Helen is a registered nurse who will work together with the...
Copyright Infingement (Downloads) Warning
Copyright Infringement Warning (Downloading)
The College is concerned to ensure that Members of College and Common Room do not download films and other copyright material.
Such actions are likely to be detected by copyright owners, and proceedings can be taken against the University, College and person concerned. Such actions may involve Civil Proceedings with punitive compensation and legal costs.
In the event of such downloads being detected, the following actions are likely to occur:
- The University will be served with a 'Cease and Desist' notice by the copyright owner.
- This will be referred to the University's Legal Department.
- Your connection will be blocked.
- You will receive an email/letter from the College's Computing Officer, advising you of the situation and requiring you to comply with the rules and certain procedures.
- You will be required to remove all copyright-infringing material and related unlicensed software.
- Your computer will be inspected by the College's Computing Officer (or other authorised member of staff).
- The University will make a charge to the College (currently £50 plus VAT on first instance) which will be charged to you through the College battels system, together with a £10 College Administration charge plus VAT.
- You will be reported to the Vicegerent for disciplinary action.
- The Vicegerent may impose a fine or other penalty, additionally to the above charges.
- Your computer may be unblocked when it is cleared of copyright-infringing material and you have agreed not to repeat such action.
- In the case of repeated offending, your connection may be barred altogether.
- You will still be at risk of Civil Action by the copyright owner
16 October 2018College Nurse15 October 2018The Academics At-Risk Fellowship Campaign
The Wolfson Alumni Office are launching a campaign with The Council of At-Risk Academics (CARA) to accommodate an academic and their family at...11 October 2018Diplomacy for the 21st Century: An Asian Perspective
Wolfson College is honoured to have Ambassador Tsuruoka, Ambassador of Japan, present this year's Wolfson Lecture Series in Diplomacy for the 21st...
Parties and Dinners19 - 19Oct OctFormal HallFriday 19 October - 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Formal Hall is a served three-course meal. Dress code is smart, no gowns. Drinks are at 7.00 pm, with dinner at 7.30 pm. Open to all members of College and Common Room and their guests. There is no informal dinner served on Formal Hall nights.Lectures and Seminars22 - 22Oct OctPresident's Seminar: 'Gravity and Levity'Monday 22 October - 5:30pm
The President’s Seminar series provides a platform for the presentation and discussion of some of the fascinating and ground-breaking research that is carried out by Wolfsonians at all career stages.
In this term's seminar Prof Wolfgang de Melo will talk about gravity and levity in Varro, the Roman Grammarian; Dr Felix Tennie will speak on gravity and what we believe to know about it; Mr Alexander Hardie-Forsyth will focus on Laurence Sterne's line of gravitation.Clubs & Societies22 - 22Oct OctItalian language course by OUISMonday 22 October - 7:30pm to 9:00pm
The Oxford University Italian Society (OUIS) organises weekly classes open to all those interested in learning Italian. The beginners course is in Wolfson (seminar room 3, but check at the lodge) on Mondays at 19:30. Italian classes at other levels are also organised in different locations.