Got a bright idea? Want to know how to be an innovator and become an entrepreneur? Come to the launch of Tri-Innovate 2018 on Tuesday 23 January...
Copyright Infingement (Downloads) Warning
Copyright Infringement Warning (Downloading)
The College is concerned to ensure that Members of College and Common Room do not download films and other copyright material.
Such actions are likely to be detected by copyright owners, and proceedings can be taken against the University, College and person concerned. Such actions may involve Civil Proceedings with punitive compensation and legal costs.
In the event of such downloads being detected, the following actions are likely to occur:
- The University will be served with a 'Cease and Desist' notice by the copyright owner.
- This will be referred to the University's Legal Department.
- Your connection will be blocked.
- You will receive an email/letter from the College's Computing Officer, advising you of the situation and requiring you to comply with the rules and certain procedures.
- You will be required to remove all copyright-infringing material and related unlicensed software.
- Your computer will be inspected by the College's Computing Officer (or other authorised member of staff).
- The University will make a charge to the College (currently £50 plus VAT on first instance) which will be charged to you through the College battels system, together with a £10 College Administration charge plus VAT.
- You will be reported to the Vicegerent for disciplinary action.
- The Vicegerent may impose a fine or other penalty, additionally to the above charges.
- Your computer may be unblocked when it is cleared of copyright-infringing material and you have agreed not to repeat such action.
- In the case of repeated offending, your connection may be barred altogether.
- You will still be at risk of Civil Action by the copyright owner
6 December 2017Tri-innovate Launch 201829 November 2017College Auditions
College members who would like to sing, dance, play music, or otherwise perform at Tim Hitchens’ first day as President of Wolfson College are...27 November 2017Season's Greetings
The College is closed from Fri 22 Dec to Wed 3 Jan 2018. Please see below for specific College and University facilities opening hours and contact...
Clubs & Societies16 - 16Jan JanWolfson Amref Group termly meetingTuesday 16 January -12:30pm to 1:30pm
The College Amref Group holds meetings once a term, every term, on the Tuesday of 1st Week. Do come and join us. Newcomers are especially welcome.Lectures and Seminars16 - 16Jan JanWhat counts as evidence in the Social Sciences?Tuesday 16 January -5:30pm to 6:30pm
Social scientists study phenomena in which people play a fundamental role: anthropology, economics, law, the internet, and so on. People can generally do whatever they like, and so their behaviour is not governed by rules in the same way as the phenomena studied by physicists and chemists. Given this, what kinds of questions can social scientists answer, and how do they do it? Do different kinds of social scientists have different approaches to evidence, and if so how?22 - 22Jan JanAuditions for the welcome event for the new PresidentMonday 22 January -11:00am to 2:00pm
Tim Hitchens’ first day as President of Wolfson will be 1 May 2018. College members who would like to sing, dance, play music, or otherwise perform at a welcome event in college that morning, individually or in groups, are invited to audition on 22 January. Performances with and without a May morning theme are encouraged.