It is with great sadness that the College has been informed of the death of Dr Nicholas (Nick) Allen, who died on 21 March 2020. Nick was a...
Copyright Infingement (Downloads) Warning
Copyright Infringement Warning (Downloading)
The College is concerned to ensure that Members of College and Common Room do not download films and other copyright material.
Such actions are likely to be detected by copyright owners, and proceedings can be taken against the University, College and person concerned. Such actions may involve Civil Proceedings with punitive compensation and legal costs.
In the event of such downloads being detected, the following actions are likely to occur:
- The University will be served with a 'Cease and Desist' notice by the copyright owner.
- This will be referred to the University's Legal Department.
- Your connection will be blocked.
- You will receive an email/letter from the College's Computing Officer, advising you of the situation and requiring you to comply with the rules and certain procedures.
- You will be required to remove all copyright-infringing material and related unlicensed software.
- Your computer will be inspected by the College's Computing Officer (or other authorised member of staff).
- The University will make a charge to the College (currently £50 plus VAT on first instance) which will be charged to you through the College battels system, together with a £10 College Administration charge plus VAT.
- You will be reported to the Vicegerent for disciplinary action.
- The Vicegerent may impose a fine or other penalty, additionally to the above charges.
- Your computer may be unblocked when it is cleared of copyright-infringing material and you have agreed not to repeat such action.
- In the case of repeated offending, your connection may be barred altogether.
- You will still be at risk of Civil Action by the copyright owner
24 March 2020Dr Nicholas Allen (1939-2020)19 March 2020Wolfson alumnus Chris Whitty takes the lead in UK's coronavirus response
Chris Whitty is England's chief medical officer and the UK department of health's top scientific adviser.9 March 2020Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Advice and updates from the College.
Annual Lecture21 - 21May MayAnnual Berlin Lecture 2020Thursday 21 May - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
*THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED BY THE ORGANISER*
Further details including title and abstract to follow. Launched in 1990 to celebrate the 80th birthday of the College's Founding President, Sir Isaiah Berlin, the Berlin Lecture is in his own field of study, the history of ideas. Each Trinity Term, we welcome speakers of the stature of Professor Amartya Sen, Professor Roy Foster, Professor Timothy Garton Ash, Michael Ignatieff and Baroness Helena Kennedy.