Hundreds of gay and straight demonstrators gathered in Oxford's Radcliffe Square yesterday evening to pay tribute to the 49 people shot dead in a...
Wolfson will be offering 16 fully-funded new scholarships for students starting graduate programmes in 2016/17.
All 2016/17 scholarships have now been awarded. Thank you to all who were interested in these awards.
Support for students is a key focus for Wolfson College. Over the past few years the College has greatly increased its scholarship support, and in 2016/17 we will be providing funding for 50 of our students through full or partial scholarships.
How to apply:
- There is no separate College application procedure for any of the scholarships listed below.
- Applicants, whether internal or external, should apply to the University under the standard procedures for graduate degrees.
- All applicants will be considered for Clarendon awards.
- Students applying for RCUK graduate funding may also be considered for a Wolfson partnered RCUK award. Preference will be given to applicants who have listed Wolfson as their first-choice College when two (or more) candidates are of equal academic merit.
- As there are specific eligibility requirements for RCUK awards, information should be sought from the department, faculty or the centre for doctoral training.
Oxford Wolfson Marriott Graduate Scholarships
These awards have been made possible by a philanthropic legacy from the late Dr Francis Marriott and from a donation from the University’s Graduate Scholarship Matched Fund. The scholarships cover the cost of a full home/EU award, including the University Composition Fee, the College Fee and maintenance costs at the RC UK stipend rate. The awards will be made in partnership with a number of departments, faculties and centres for doctoral training that may, exceptionally, enhance an award to bring it up to the overseas fee level.
When awarding these Scholarships, preference will be given to applicants who have listed Wolfson as their first-choice College when two (or more) candidates are of equal academic merit.
For 2016/17 the Marriott Scholarships will be offered in partnership with the following Departments. Please click on the link for specific information on each scholarship.
- Biomedical Imaging Centre for Doctoral Training
- Centre for Socio-legal Studies
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Earth Sciences
- Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Services
- Politics and International Relations
Other Scholarships to be offered in 2016/17
Fully funded scholarship open to applicants from all countries.
Fully-funded scholarship for a DPhil in Physics, open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland.
Fully funded scholarship open to applicants wishing to undertake biological, chemical or medical research.
Fully-funded scholarship for a DPhil in Ancient History, with a preference for topics related to the ancient economies of Rome or Greece. Open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland.
Fully funded scholarship open to applicants who are ordinarily resident in the EEA or Switzerland.
Fully-funded scholarship for a DPhil in Korean Literature, open to applicants from all countries.
Fully-funded scholarship for a DPhil in Oriental Studies or Archaeology, specialising in Assyriology, or an MPhil in Cuneiform Studies. Open to applicants from all countries.
Fully-funded scholarship for a Humanities student specialising in Semitic Philology, open to applicants from all countries.
In addition, Zoë Goodwin, DPhil student at Wolfson College and former Environmental Representative,...
A striking work by renowned sculptor Antony Gormley has been installed in the Front Quad at Wolfson College....