This project has been given the go-ahead as part of the Estates Strategy to improve our College buildings and environment.
Wolfson College Electrical Regulations
Notice to residents and visitors to the College:
YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO YOURSELVES AND OTHERS TO USE ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES SAFELY. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND OBSERVE THE REGULATIONS THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY.
- Under the Electricity at Work Regulations Act, 1989, there is an obligation on the College to control all electrical appliances connected to its electrical system. These regulations apply to all College residential and office accommodation.
- The electricity supply is 230v Nominal +10% - 6%, 50Hz.
- Anyone bringing personal electrical appliances into College must register them by completing the registration form supplied in accommodation or office units, or obtainable from the Housekeeping office.
- Appliances used in the UK must carry the appropriate British Standard number, Kite mark, and/or CE European mark.
- The plug must be the safety sleeve type and carry BS number 1363. Plugs must be fitted with a 13-amp fuse, maximum. Low power appliances below 750 watts (ie radios, lamps, stereos, etc) should be fitted with a 3-amp fuse.Manufacturers instructions regarding fuse size should be adhered to where appropriate. Outer sheaths of cables must be kept in good condition and not worn, perished, split, stretched or twisted.Cables must be securely fixed into plugs and appliances.
- It is strictly forbidden to interfere with electrical fittings, or with plugs and cables connected to electrical equipment provided by the College. Any defects in College equipment should be reported immediately through the Property Maintenance Request system on the Current Members page of the Wolfson website. It is also forbidden to connect any appliances to a lighting circuit, or to use two or three way adaptors in a socket outlet. Fused, short, multiplug trailing sockets may be used.
- Additional items of electrical equipment when acquired must be registered on your form in the Housekeeping Office.
- It is prohibited to use freestanding electric heaters or electric guitars in College accommodation or office space.
- Residents are required by law to obtain a current license for private televisions.
- Those in doubt about a particular piece of electrical equipment should contact the Maintenance Department as detailed in item 6.
- College Maintenance and Cleaning Staff are instructed to report equipment that appears to be non-compliant with the above regulations. Equipment found to be non-compliant will be removed by the College. THE COLLEGE'S DECISION ON THE USE OF ANY APPLIANCE IS FINAL.
- The College reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time without further notice.
8 July 2020Refurbishment of the balcony30 June 2020Wolfson: Plans and Prospects 2020 out now
The 2020 edition of the annual College magazine brings readers up to date with all the latest news and activities from Wolfson.30 June 2020Great success for Student Hardship Auction
The auction was a great success, raising over £12,500 for students in need as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
Courses and Workshops13 - 26Jul JulEarly Hindi & Brajbhasha WorkshopMonday 13 July - 3:00pm to Sunday 26 July - 4:00pm
This international workshop brings together scholars and students of literature in Brajbhasha and other forms of of Early Hindi (including Avadhi, Hindavi, Rajasthani, and Maithili), as well as related languages and literary idioms. During the workshop we read and discuss texts on which a particular academic is working.Parties and Dinners01 - 01Aug AugDegree DaySaturday 1 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.Parties and Dinners07 - 07Aug AugDegree DayFriday 7 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.