Rosalind Rickaby, Professor of Biogeochemistry, is the 2017 recipient of the prestigious Lyell Medal, given by the Geological Society of London....
Partners and Families
We are proud of our reputation as a family-friendly college, and welcome the contributions partners and children make to college life.
We have a number of houses and flats for families and couples. We also provide an in-house day nursery with priority for graduate students, as well as a playground.
There is an active family society that organises a variety of events including a welcome party for new arrivals and a weekly playgroup. Please contact Mike and Charlotte Clark if you have any questions.
- Wolfson Nursery
- University Nursery information
- Healthcare services in the UK
- Local GP practice on Banbury Road
- OUSU information for students with families
- NHS dental care in Oxford
- Schools in Oxfordshire (Oxfordshire County Council)
Partners and spouses of students can apply to become associate members of Common Room. Membership entitles them to a college swipe-card that they can use to access the laundry and library and charge items to their college account (also known as battels). It also allows them to join college clubs and societies and dine in hall.
Associate membership charges from August 2016 to July 2017 are as follows and will be charged to battels:
Spouse/partner of Fellows: £42 per year
Spouse/partner of Graduate Students: £14 per term
Spouse/partner of All Others: £84 per year
Please complete the form for Associate Membership (located below) and return to the Academic Office.
If the proposed Associate Member does not already hold a University swipe card, please additionally complete and return a card application form, noting the following:
- In response to “Your status in Oxford (A)-(D) continues until what date?”, please give the expiry date on the member’s card.
- This card will only allow access within Wolfson College, it will not provide access to University facilities. If you also wish to have access to the Bodleian Libraries, you will need to submit a separate application to the Bodleian directly. Details can be found on the Bodleian website.
Card applications usually take between 1 and 2 weeks to be processed by the University Card Office.
The Oxford University Newcomers’ Club exists to welcome to Oxford the partners of newly appointed academics, visiting academics, and postgraduate students to the University: www.newcomers.ox.ac.uk
Professor Dame Hermione Lee joins a team of leading female academics and the Oxford Belles in delivering some fun(damental) advice for women...
The College was deeply saddened to hear of the death of our Emeritus Fellow Professor Glen Dudbridge.