This project has been given the go-ahead as part of the Estates Strategy to improve our College buildings and environment.
Students who have left their College accommodation and wish to recover their belongings may now do so as long as they follow the precautions detailed below. We will continue to store items for those students unable to or who do not wish to return to collect their belongings at this time. Based on Government advice, this webpage explains what you need to do before, during and after you collect your belongings.
Students currently living in the UK
If you are currently living in the UK and able to travel to Wolfson College to collect your belongings, you must make the journey to and from the College in one day: you cannot stay overnight in your room or anywhere else in the College. You must check and abide by the travel and safety restrictions in place in each UK Nation (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) as these may differ: currently, students living in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are not permitted to return to College, but this advice is expected to change as restrictions continue to be relaxed.
You must adhere to all government guidelines on social distancing and safer travel guidance and the latest information on travelling to the UK from overseas. You must observe and adhere to all the signage around the College and strictly follow any instructions you are given. Please be aware that some areas of the College may be closed off and there are one-way systems in place.
Planning your visit
Before you return to College to collect your belongings you must:
- Contact the Accommodation Officer either by email on email@example.com or by ringing Rose Truby on 01865 274071. You will need to agree on a date and time to collect your belongings and ensure that you arrive at the agreed time.
- If you have belongings in a communal kitchen or bathroom you will need to provide a list of those to the Accommodation Officer when you call to agree on a date. These will be collected by College staff and placed in your room before you arrive to collect your belongings.
- Bring your key to the room with you on the day. If for any reason you do not have your key or you have lost it, please let the Accommodation Office know before your visit.
- You will need to be flexible with regards to the date and time of your visit, especially if you wish to come at a weekend, as we need to limit the number of people at College at any one time.
- Please ensure that you bring enough packing materials, boxes, bubble wrap, suitcases, etc. as no packaging material is available from the College.
- Please bring cleaning materials such as antibacterial spray or wipes to wipe down surfaces such as desks, shelves, door handle, light switched, etc. as you arrive and leave. Also bring any personal protection equipment you may wish to wear, including face masks and gloves.
- Please only travel in one car and with only one member of your family or friend who you have been living with.
- On arrival, you will be given instruction where to park.
- Plan your journey well as there are limited toilets and refreshment currently available to road users. Toilets are available at the College: if you do not have an en suite room we will let you know which toilets to use. No refreshments will be available for you at the College during your visit. The local supermarkets are open in Summertown.
- Ensure you arrive at the agreed time with your key.
- Report to the College Lodge to let the College know you are on site.
- On entering the College, please wash or sanitise your hands immediately and then regularly wash your hands during your time in the College. Hand sanitiser is available in the Lodge and a toilet in the Lodge area will be made available for handwashing.
- Park in the agreed location.
- Do not go to other parts of the College.
- Go straight to your building and then room and pack up your belonging as quickly but safely as possible. Do not go to any other parts of the building.
- Please be mindful that there will be residents living in the accommodation and staff working in the College so you must adhere to all the Government safety and social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Please ensure that you remove all your belongings in one visit. If you need assistance please ring the Lodge from your room.
- Once you are ready to leave, please wipe down the hard surfaces, light switches, door handles, etc. Then return to the Lodge and let them know you are leaving and drop off your room key.
- Please leave the College promptly.
Following your visit
Following your visit:
- Please email the Accommodation Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you have collected your belongings and dropped off your key.
- If you have applied for accommodation for the next academic year we will be in touch.
- Please stay in touch with your friends and colleagues at Wolfson.
If you have already left the UK, you cannot currently return to collect your belongings. If you would like your belongings shipped to you this can be arranged by the College. Please ensure you follow all Government guidance from the country you are travelling from as well as the UK government, especially concerning when you may be able to travel and self-isolation on arrival.
Arranging shipping of your belongings
- Contact the Accommodation Officer either by email on email@example.com or by ringing Rose Truby on 01865 274071. Let them know that you would like to arrange for your belongings to be packed up and shipped back to you.
- You will need to contact the packing and shipping company directly and agree and pay the costs directly to them. We can provide the name of a number of companies who offer this service. Still, you need to ensure you are happy with them and check their insurance cover, etc. as the College cannot be involved and any contract must be between you and the company directly.
- Once you have made arrangements with the company they can then contact us directly. We will then check that the company can provide all the necessary risk assessments and measures to ensure that they can operate safely and under the COVID-19 guidelines. Once we are happy with the information provided by them, we will agree on a suitable day and time for the packing and collection to take place. Please check your insurance to ensure any accidental damage is covered. We can arrange access if you are unable to provide them with a key.
- The company must pack and remove your belongings in one day from your room only. If you have belongings in a communal kitchen or bathroom you will need to provide a list of these to the Accommodation Officer at least a week before your collection day. These will be collected by College staff and placed in your room before the company arrives to collect your belongings. Do not ask them to go to any other areas of the College.
- You must make arrangements to return your key to the Accommodation Office as soon as the arrangements for collection have been made. The key must be returned by secure post in a suitable package. Please let the Accommodation Office know you have returned the key. The key deposit will not be refunded until the key arrives at the College. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof that the key has been received.
Keep in touch
Once you have received your belongings:
- If you have applied for accommodation for the next academic year, we will be in touch.
- Please stay in touch with your friends and colleagues at Wolfson.
If you have any question regarding this guidance, please do not hesitate to contact the Accommodation Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
8 July 2020Refurbishment of the balcony30 June 2020Wolfson: Plans and Prospects 2020 out now
The 2020 edition of the annual College magazine brings readers up to date with all the latest news and activities from Wolfson.30 June 2020Great success for Student Hardship Auction
The auction was a great success, raising over £12,500 for students in need as a result of the coronavirus crisis.
Parties and Dinners01 - 01Aug AugDegree DaySaturday 1 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.Parties and Dinners07 - 07Aug AugDegree DayFriday 7 August - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.Parties and Dinners12 - 12Sep SepDegree DaySaturday 12 September - 11:00am to 3:30pm
Preceding the degree ceremony in the Sheldonian Theatre at 14:30, the College hosts the Signing of the Graces and a celebratory reception for our graduands and their family and friends. This event is by invitation only; please see the degree days page on our website for further information.