Becoming a committee member
By volunteering to sit on a committee, taking an hour or less twice a term, you can make a valuable and significant contribution to the way that the College work and get to know our community.
Elections to Committees are held each Hilary Term, a process for most committees overseen by the Nominating Committee, and committees serve from Trinity term to Hilary term.
The College Secretary or the Chair of the General Meeting can provide further information about the committee structure and decision-making processes in the College.
Nomination forms will be available on the web to download in December and should be returned to the College Secretary by a given date in January.
The benefits to you of joining a committee include:
- Direct influence on the strategic, but also the more day-to-day decisions that influence College governance.
- Getting to know the people who run the various facets of College life.
The benefits to the College of having you on a committee include:
- New faces to add dynamism and new ideas to well-established procedures.
- Keeping College policies up-to-date with student/Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow perspectives and needs.
- Contributing and helping to implement new thoughts to make the College an even better community!
- Enabling fellows and students to get to know one another (especially on the Governing Body)
1 July 2019The Wolfson Gaudy and Syme Legacy Society Lunch
The Alumni and Development Office held the annual Gaudy and Syme Legacy Society Lunch on 29 June.24 June 2019Out now: Romulus Magazine 2019
Romulus is the Wolfson magazine for students by students. This year's theme is "Ritual", which is reflected in many different ways by the...24 June 2019Sir Tim Hitchens' Foundation Speech 2019
College Visitor, Lords, Ladies, Wolfson colleagues,