Becoming a committee member
By volunteering to sit on a committee, taking an hour or less twice a term, you can make a valuable and significant contribution to the way that the College work and get to know our community.
Elections to Committees are held each Hilary Term, a process for most committees overseen by the Nominating Committee, and committees serve from Trinity term to Hilary term.
The College Secretary or the Chair of the General Meeting can provide further information about the committee structure and decision-making processes in the College.
Nomination forms will be available on the web to download in December and should be returned to the College Secretary by a given date in January.
The benefits to you of joining a committee include:
- Direct influence on the strategic, but also the more day-to-day decisions that influence College governance.
- Getting to know the people who run the various facets of College life.
The benefits to the College of having you on a committee include:
- New faces to add dynamism and new ideas to well-established procedures.
- Keeping College policies up-to-date with student/Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow perspectives and needs.
- Contributing and helping to implement new thoughts to make the College an even better community!
- Enabling fellows and students to get to know one another (especially on the Governing Body)
19 November 2018Romulus Launching Party
This Friday, Wolfson's literary magazine Romulus will launch their new call for writers.19 November 2018Academics at Risk Giving Day
We are delighted to announce that we have raised over half of our target for our Cara Campaign.16 November 2018Walter Sawyer admitted to the honorary degree of Master of Arts
Supernumerary Fellow, Walter Sawyer receives honorary Master of Arts from the University.
General Meetings21 - 21Nov NovGeneral MeetingWednesday 21 November - 5:30pm to 6:30pm
General Meeting occurs at least twice in each term and is an opportunity for all College and Common Room members to discuss any College business.Parties and Dinners21 - 21Nov NovAcademics at Risk Giving DayWednesday 21 November - 7:00pm to 9:00pm
We hope you can join us for an informal evening of drinks, canapés and speeches from Tim Hitchens, Stephen Wordsworth from CARA and some special guests. The event will take place at 19.00 in the Wolfson Café.Art exhibition22 - 22Nov NovSnow Land Art ExhibitionThursday 22 November - 11:30am to 6:30pm
The exhibition will display incredible artistic works of young Tibetan artists from Snow Land Art School in Tibet. The event will be started with a brief introduction by Ngawa Choepjor, who is the co-founder of Snow Land Art School in Tibet.