The College was deeply saddened to hear of the death of our Emeritus Fellow Professor Glen Dudbridge.
Becoming a committee member
Students at Wolfson may participate in the College decision–making process to an extent that is almost unknown at other colleges in the University.
By being on a committee, taking an hour or less twice a term, you can make a valuable and significant contribution to the way that the College functions and get to know the people that make Wolfson what it is. The benefits to you of joining a committee include:
- Direct influence on the strategic, but also the more day-to-day decisions that influence College governance.
- Getting to know the people who run the various facets of College life.
- An intimate knowledge of the way Wolfson works: from the College accounts, the library’s activities to the funding and organisation of the many social and cultural events in College by serving on the Finance, Academic or Social & Cultural Committee.
- Experience in problem-solving, collaborative decision-making and committee diplomacy.
- Evidence on your CV (resumé) of the above Various perks: from cakes to dinners, depending on the committee!
The benefits to the College of having you on a committee include:
- New faces to add dynamism and new ideas to well-established procedures.
- Keeping College policies up-to-date with student/Research Fellow/Junior Research Fellow perspectives and needs.
- Contributing and helping to implement new thoughts to make the College an even better community!
- Enabling fellows and students to get to know one another (especially on the Governing Body)
Elections to Committees are held each Hilary Term, a process for most committees overseen by the Nominating Committee, and committees will serve Trinity to Hilary. Nomination forms will be available on the web to download in December and should be returned to the College Secretary by a given date in January.
For further details about the committees that you can serve on, see the Becoming a committee member document below.
On 18 January 2017 the second award was made of the Jon Stallworthy Poetry Prize for Oxford postgraduate students, at an event held at Wolfson...
The Fellows of Wolfson College are delighted to announce the election of Mr Tim Hitchens, CMG LVO as their next President, in succession to...